Selling a home during the holidays can be extremely advantageous to homeowners, and it doesn’t have to ruin any holiday cheer. Here are 4 reasons why homeowners should consider listing their homes this winter:
1. Less Inventory. There is currently an inventory shortage, which is good news for a seller. And since there are limited choices for buyers, the homeowner could have a higher asking price.
2. Staging. Staging your home during winter can be as easy as decorating for the holidays. Just be careful not to overdo it, as décor that is too large or over the top can distract buyers.
3. Control Your Showings. Homeowners do not need to let their homes be constantly available for showing. If there are certain days and times that won’t work for your schedule, we can easily have blackout dates where there are absolutely no showings or create a daily schedule outlining when exactly potential buyers can come through the home. Your agents at Haynes and Associates here to help make the process go smoothly.
4. Motivated Buyers. People hunting for homes during the holidays often have a reason for doing so, meaning that they are more motivated buyers. Most buyers who aren’t incredibly motivated will put off a home search during the holidays and pick things up again in the spring. If someone is touring homes instead of celebrating the season with friends and family, they likely need to buy a home quickly and could be willing to pay more.
5. And of course, the most important thing that you can do to give yourself an advantage is to hire one of our Associates. We have real insights and unparalleled knowledge of local markets and can help you sell your home this winter so that you and your family can get back to celebrating the holidays. Contact us now and tell us your plans. We can and will work to get you the best price, in the least time possible, without having to wreck your holidays.